Jumpers & Jazz in July Tree Jumper Exhibition
Presented by Warwick Art Gallery
21 to 31 July 2022
Warwick Art Gallery proudly manages the yarn bombed tree jumper exhibition for Jumpers and Jazz in July. We transform the CBD into an outdoor art gallery and dress our trees in charming textile artwork. Anyone can participate with entries coming from near and far each year that are flamboyant, colourful, heart-warming and often comical
Our annual tree jumper exhibition has woven its way into the hearts of thousands of artisans and visitors for fifteen years. The exhibition features approximately 100 trees in the CBD "yarnbombed" by artists, local businesses, community groups and everyday folks from near and far.
Registration are open for the 2022 event.
1 “Ripple” theme entry First & Second Prize $500/$250
2 “I Love to Yarn” section - entry that highlights the potential of yarn First & Second Prize $500/$250
3 Free Choice entry - no theme - anything goes - share your own message or story $250
4 Created by Children entry - these tree jumpers will be installed as a group on Fitzroy Street $250
5 Community Collaboration entry - a dedicated category for community groups to enter $250
HOW TO ENTER
1 Pick ONE ONLY Section to enter
2 Fill out a Registration Form CLICK HERE then click "Fill and Sign in Acrobat", download and email it to us. Or fill it out online and print.
3 Pay your $20 entry fee - this helps cover insurance and security
4 Email or deliver your Registration Form to Warwick Art Gallery
5 Wait for notification of your tree allocation - we plan to start allocating trees in mid December
6 Once you know which tree you have it is time to start creating!
7 Tree Jumper Installation Day is Wednesday 20 July 2022
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Trees are allocated by Warwick Art Gallery. There is space on the Registration From to request a specific tree. Requests are considered but not guaranteed.
- Entries must be designed as artwork and strictly must not contain promotional material of any type. Signs, flags and posters attached to your tree jumper that promote your group, club or business are not permitted - this information goes on your label.
- Security guards will patrol the exhibition overnight. Enter at your own risk. Ensure that your entry does not have elements that will affect the safety of others.
- Any material can be used as long as it can withstand cold, wind, sun and rain. You can use traditional textiles or be inventive with recycled materials. In the interests of our environment do not include laminated paper elements on your tree jumper.
- Judges take these conditions into consideration when making their decisions.
- For festival event information go to www.jumpersandjazz.com.au