Warwick Art Gallery Tree Jumper Exhibition
15 to 25 July 2021
Warwick Art Gallery proudly manages the yarn bombed tree jumper exhibition for Jumpers and Jazz in July. We transform the CBD into an outdoor art gallery and dress our trees in charming textile artwork. Anyone can participate with entries coming from near and far each year that are flamboyant, colourful, heart-warming and often comical
Our annual tree jumper exhibition has woven its way into the hearts of thousands of artisans and visitors for fifteen years. The exhibition features approximately 100 trees in the CBD "yarnbombed" by artists, local businesses, community groups and everyday folks from near and far.
12 FEB 2021 New registrations open (2020 registered artists do not need to register again)
26 MAR 2021 Tree Jumper registrations close for Warwick CBD businesses
4 MAY 2021 All other registrations close
26 MAR - 21 MAY 2021 Trees are allocated and participants notified
14 JUL 2021 Trees will be set up
15 JUL 2021 The 2021 festival begins
16 JUL 2021 Judging of CBD street trees
17 JUL 2021 Announcement of the winners of the 2021 Yarn Bombed Tree Jumper Competition
20 JUL 2021 Judging of school grounds trees
Sections and Prizes
Section 1 Open Entry $500 No specified theme or set materials.
Section 2 Excellence in Knitting and/or Crochet $500 No theme. Entry must be created using mainly knitting or crochet or a combination of both.
Section 3 Theme Challenge $500 Create a tree jumper inspired by the word CRACKERS
Section 4 Hall of Fame $500 This award will be presented to an entrant who has excelled in the art of yarn bombed tree jumper creation and has entered 10 or more years.
AWARD Best Community Group Entry in the Official Tree Jumper Competition Not for profit community groups and schools will be eligible for this award when they tick the box on the entry form.
AWARD Decorated School Trees in School Grounds Schools are encouraged to decorate the trees in their grounds inspired by the word MAGIC
How to Enter
1. Choose a section: 1. Open Entry 2. Excellence in Knitting and/or Crochet 3. Festival Theme (THEME: CRACKERS) or Decorated School Tree (THEME: MAGIC).
2. Register using the registration form click here. Register early especially if you have a request for a particular tree location or size. Requests will be considered but not guaranteed.
3. Email your form to us along with your payment of the $20 entry fee. Decorated trees in school grounds do not have to pay the entry fee.
4. You will receive a registration package once you have been allocated a tree. These will be sent out at the end of March.
5. Measure your tree and start creating! Make a note in your diary of the set up day on Wednesday 14 July 2021. Set aside time on Wednesday 15 July to INSTALL YOUR TREE JUMPER*.
6. Return the Compulsory Forms by the due date of Friday 18 June 2021.
* This is always a fun and exciting day as our streets come alive with colour and creativity. If you are unable to set up your own tree please contact Warwick Art Gallery well in advance and we will make arrangements for our volunteers to help.
Photos (Top to Bottom)
2019 Tree Jumper by Narelle Mercer
2019 Artist Helen Gross and her Tree Jumper
2019 Tree Jumper by Dawn Smit and Kerri Harycki
2019 Tree Jumper by Cycle Away group
2019 Tree Jumper by Inglewood Aged Care